Effect Of The Contact Time Of Candlenut Shell Charcoal And H3PO4 Activator As On The Purification Process Of Used Cooking Oil
Submited : October 11, 2019
Published : December 10, 2019
Research on Comparison of the Contact Time of Candlenut Charcoal with H3PO4 Activator in the Process of Purifying Used Cooking Oil has been conducted. The purpose of this study was to determine the ability of candlenut shells activated with H3PO4 against purifying used cooking oil. The variation of the number of candlenut shells used is 1 gram, 2 grams, and 3 grams and the variation of contact time is 10 minutes, 30 minutes and 60 minutes. The results showed that the activation of hazelnut shell using H3PO4 fulfills SNI 16-3730-1995, while the results of used cooking oil purification with 2 grams of activated charcoal in 60 minutes resulted in a decrease in peroxide number of 64.58% and free fatty acids of 54, 84%.
- Aisyah Siti, Yulianti Eny, Fasya A. Ghanaim., 2010, Reduction of Peroxide and Free Fatty Acid (FFA) in Bleaching Process of Used Cooking Oil by Activated Carbon of Moringa Oliefera Lamk Pod with NaCl Activator, Alchemy, Vol. 1, No. 2, Hal. 93-103.
- Anonymous., (2013), SNI 3741-2013, Cooking Oil. Jakarta: National Standardization Agency.
- Anonymous, 2019, Peroxide, https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peroxide
- Aznar Sanchez Javier., 2011, Characterization of activated carbon produced from coffee residues by chemical and physical activation, Master of Thesis in Chemical Engineering, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Botahala, L., Zakir, M., Patarru, O., & Yasser, M. (2018). Comparison Of The Effectiveness Of The Adsorption Of Power Of Rice Husk And The Hazelnut Shell Of The Ferrous Metal. e-Journal, University of Tribuana Kalabahi, 1 (1).
- Botahala, L., Malailak, Y., Maure, H. S., & Karlani, H. (2019). Determination of Effectiveness Absorption of The Rice Husk And Hazelnut Shell to Purification Used Cooking Oil. Indonesian Chemical Deed Journal (Indonesia Chimica Acta), 12 (1), 19-28.
- Botahala Loth, 2019, Comparison of the Effectiveness of Adsorption Power of Rice Husks and Candlenut Shells on Iron Metal (Fe) in Dug Well Water, first printing, Yogyakarta: Deepublish, ISBN: 9786232096134
- Darmawan S., Pari G., and Sofyan K., 2009, Optimization of Temperature and Length of Activation with Phosphoric Acid in Candlenut Shell Active Charcoal Production, Jurnal Ilmu dan Teknologi Hasil Hutan, Vol.2 (2): 51-56.
- Istighfaro, N., 2010, Improving the Quality of Used Cooking Oil Using the Adsorption Method Using Moringa Oleifera Lamk Seed Activated Carbon, Moring Oleifera Lamk, Chemistry Department, Science and Technology Faculty, Islamic University of Maulana Malik Ibrahim State of Malang.
- Kusnander Feri, 2010, Food chemistry: Macro Components, PT. Dian Rakyat, Jakarta
- Lempang M., Syafii W., & Pari G., 2012, Quality Characteristics of Candlenut Shell Active Charcoal, Jurnal Penelitian Hasil Hutan, Vol. 30 (2): 100-113.
- Lempang, M. (2014). Preparation and Use of Active Charcoal. Info Teknis EBONI, 11 (2), 65-80.
- Loth, B., Nahor, P., & Maksimus, K. (2016). Variation of contact time of the candlenut shell charcoal purification process used cooking oil. Indonesia Chimica Acta, 9 (2), 15-19.
- Raharjo, S, 2011, Oxidative Damage to Food, Center for Food and Nutrition Studies, UGM, Yogyakarta.
- Suroso Asri Sulistijowati, 2013, Quality of Cooking Oil Consumables Considered from Peroxide Numbers, Acid Numbers and Water Content, Center for Biomedical and Basic Health Technology, National Board of Health Research and Development, Ministry of Health Republic of Indonesia
- Taufiq M., 2007, Purification of Used Cooking Oil Using Cooking Oil Moringa Oleifera Lamk, Thesis, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Maulana Malik Ibrahim State Islamic University of Malang.
- Wahjuni S. and Kostradiyanti B., 2008, Decrease in Traditional Coconut Oil Peroxide Numbers with IR 64 Rice Husk Charcoal Adsorbent Activated with Potassium Hydroxide, Jurnal Kimia, Vol. 2 (1): 57-60.
- Widayat, Suherman, and Haryani K., 2006, Optimization of Used Cooking Oil Adsorption Process with Natural Zeolite Adsorbent: Acid Reduction Study, Jurnal Penelitian Teknik Kimia, Vol.17 No.01.
- Winarno, F. G., 2004, Food Chemistry, and Nutrition, Jakarta, Gramedia Main Library.
- Zakir M., Botahala L., Ramang M., Fauziah St., and Abdussamad B., 2013, Electrodeposition of Mn Metals on Surface of Activated Carbon of Rice Husk with Ultrasonic Irradiation, Indo. Chim.Act., Vol. 6 (2): 9-18.
- Zakir M., Maming, and Ahmad A., 2011, Adsorption of Methylene Blue and Eosin on Rice Husk Based Activated Carbon, Indo. Chem. Acta., 4 (2): 1-6.
Download data is not yet available.