Abstract. Eucheuma cottoni (called algae) is one of plant that usefull for human life as well as alternative energy, bioaccumulation of metal in waters, food, fertilizer and also in health. This study aims to determine the level of Fe ions in Eucheuma cottoni in the region of Baubau coastal. The concentration of Fe metal was determined by atomic absorption spectrophotometer (AAS) which destructing process was done by HNO3 concentrated. The results showed that the highest and lowest level of Fe available on Lowu-Lowu and Palabusa village which value of 0.4885 and 0.0498 ppm, respectivelly. The high concentration of Fe metal expecially in Lowu-lowu had been passed the specific threshold. The monitoring of heavy metal pollution in Baubau coastal necessary to be done in the aquatic environment so it can be maximize the quality and production of seaweed
- Satheesh, S & Wesley, S. G, 2012, Diversity and distribution of seaweeds in the Kudankulam coastal waters, South-Eastern coast of India, Biodiversity Journal, 3 (1): 79-84
- Kariadi, N.T.M, 2014, Mangrove Role as an air pollution biofilter in the area of Bandung Tapak, Semarang, J. Human and Environmental 21 (2): 188-194
- Ika, Tahril, I. Said. 2012, Analysis of Lead Metal (Pb) and Iron (Fe) in Seawater in the Coastal Region of the Taipa Ferry Port, North Palu District. Journal of Chemistry, 1 (4): 181-186
- Putra, A. B. 2019. Zinc Heavy Metal Content in Enhalus acoroides in Jepara Waters, Marina Oceanographic Bulletin, 8 (1): 1-9
- Lamai, C., Maleeya. K., Prayad. P., E. Suchart.U. dan Varasaya. S. 2005. "Toxicity and Accumulation of Lead and Cadmium In The Filamenous Green Algae Cladopora fracta (O. F. Muller ex Vahl) Kutzing". A Laboratory Study. Scienceasia. Vol 31, 121-127.
- Nopriani, L.S. 2011. "Rapid Ui Technique for Identification of Heavy Metal Pollution in Rock Apple Fields". Dissertation Proposal. Malang: Faculty of Agriculture, Brawijaya University
- Rao, P.V., Mantri, V. dan Ganesan, K. 2007. "Mineral Composition of Edible Seaweed Porphyra vietnamensis". Food Chemistry 102, 215–218
- Jang, S.S , Shirai. Y, Uchida M, Wakisaka, M, 2012, Production of mono sugar from acid hydrolysis of seaweed, African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 11 (8), 1953-1963
- Candra. P. K, Sarwana, Sarinah, 2011, Study Bioetanol Production Using Red Seaweed Eucheuma cottonii From Bontang Sea Water, J. Coastal Develop,15 (1), 45-50
- Raya. I, Ramlah, 2012, The Bioaccumulation of Cd (II) ions on Eucheuma cottoni. Marine Chemical Acta, 13 (2), 13-18
- Sitrat.D. W, Sukesi, 2012, Antioxidants in Eucheuma cottoni Red Seaweed Meatballs, Journal of the Science and Arts of Pomits, 1 (1) 1-4
- Siregar. F. W. Sabdono. A, Pringggenies. D, 2012, Antibacterial Potential of Seaweed Extract Against Pseudomsaeroginosa Skin Disease, Staphylococcus epidermis, and micrococcus loteus, J. Marine Research, 1 (2), 152-160.
- Naid, T, Kasim. S, Marzuki. A and Sumarheni. 2013, Fermented Antibiotics Production of the Culture of Microorganism Symbols of Seaweed Eucheuma cottonii. Pharmacy and Pharmacology Magazine. 17 (3) .61-68
- Abirami. R. G, Kowsalya. S, 2011, Nutrient and Nutraceutical Potential of Seaweed Biomassa Ulfa Lactuca and Kappaphycus alvarezii. Agricult Sci and Technol, 5 (1), 1-6
- Susilowati, T., Rejeki, S, Dewi, E. N, and Zulfitriani, 2012, The Effect of Depth on Growth of Seaweed (Eucheuma cottonii) cultivated by the Longline Method at Mlunggu Beach, Jepara Regency, 8 (1) 7-12
- Fretes, de.H., A.B Susanto, Budhi P., Heriyanto, Tatas H.P., Brotosudarmo and L. Limantara. 2012, Estimation of Degradation Products of Rough Red Algae Pigment Extract Kappaphycus alvarezii (Doty) Doty Red, Brown and Green Variants: Marine Science.17 (1) 31-38
- Widowati, 2008, Metal Toxic Effects. Pollution Prevention and Management. Yogyakarta: Andi Yogyakarta
Copyright (c) 2020 Array
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Download data is not yet available.