Selektifitas Transpor Lantanum Dari Mineral Monasit Dengan Teknik Supported Liquid Membrane
Submited : September 2, 2016
Published : June 1, 2009
Transport selectivity of lanthanum from monazite mineral by supported liquid membrane, SLM technique has been studied. The supporting membrane, PTFE(polytetrafluoroethylene) was activated by immersing in a mixture of TBP(trybuthylphosphate) and D2EHPA (di-2-ethylhexyl phosphoric acid) at the composition of concentration in kerosene as carrier. Determination of the REE’s total concentration was carried out by visible spectrophotometric with NAS (sodium alizarin sulfonat) as the colouring agent, absorbance of the solution was determinated at 534 nm as maximum wavelength. For the determination of REE,s specific concentration an ICP-AES has been adopted, at emission maximum wavelength in each specific of REE’s, e.q : Ce at 418.66 nm, La at 408.316 nm, Nd at 401.225 nm, Gd at 342.247 nm, and Lu at 261.542 nm. Transport selectivity of lanthanum through SLM in a mixture of the REE’s simulation by optimum condition were pH of feed phase was 3.0, concentration of carrier composition (TBP : D2EHPA) was (0.3 : 0.7) M, and concentration of chloride acid of the receiving phase was 3.0 M. In this condition, separation factor of La toward Nd, Gd, and Lu : αLa,Nd 5.0297, αLa,Gd 8.1935, , αLu,La 11.9529. Transport selectivity of lanthanum from monazite mineral through SLM at optimum condition have been resulted lanthanum with the perity rate of increase from 25.08% to 89.84%, with recovery was 84.15%.Keywords : supported liquid membrane, carrier, polytetrafluoroethylene, trybuthylphosphate, di-2-ethylhexyl phosphoric acid.
- Henderson, P., 1984, Development in Geochemistry, Rare Earth Element Geochemistry, Elseiver, New York.
- Suprianto, R., 1996, Ekstraksi Lantanum(III) dengan Teknik Membran Cair Berpendukung, Tesis, Institut Teknologi Bandung.
- Setiawan B., and Umi Kuntjara, 1996, Potensial of Rare Earth Mineral Resources in Indonesia, Procceding of Seminar Geology and Evaluation of Kurako and Rare Earth Mineral Resources of Indonesian, 5.1-5.1.5.
- Rumhayati, B., Transpor Lantanum melalui Membran Cair Berpendukung Ganda, Tesis, Institut Teknologi Bandung (2000).
- Buchari dan Sulaeman, A., 1998, Efek Sinergis Campuran D2EHPA-TBP dan D2EHPA-TOPO Sebgai Pengemban Pada Pemisahan Cerium (III) dan Yterbium (III) Secara membran Cair Berpendukung, The Malaysian Journal of Analytical Sciences, No.2, (4), 230-238.
- Sulaeman, A., 2002, Pola Transpor Pada Ekstraksi dan Pemisahan Unsur Tanah Jarang Dengan Teknik Membran Cair Berpendukung Menggunakan Pengembang Campuran Asam Di-(2etilheksil) Fosfat(D2EHPA) dan Tributil Fosfat(TBP), Disertasi, Institut Teknologi Bandung.
- Mulder, M., 1996, Basic Principles of Membrane Technology, Kluwer Academic Publisher, London, 339-369.
- Barsch, R.A., Way, J.D., 1996, Chemical Separations with Liquid Membranes, American Chemical Society, America, 362-369.
- Thomas, Michael, 1996, Ultraviolet and Visible Spectroscopy, 2nd Edition, John Willey and Sons : Chicester, 11-101.
- Hartati, R.D., 1996, Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) dan Aplikasinya dalam Contoh Geokimia : Studi Pendahuluan, Kolokium Direktorat Sumber Daya Mineral.
Download data is not yet available.