Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided. Please make sure that the URL of the reference is active at the time manuscripts submission.
- The body text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; Times New Roman font type; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal. (MLA Citation System)
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Copyright NoticeOpen Access Principles
- The Journal of Society and Governance (JSG) is committed to real and immediate open access for academic work. All of the JSG’s articles and reviews are free to access immediately from the date of publication.
- There are no author charges prior to publication, and no charge for any reader to download articles and reviews for their own scholarly use.
- The JSG does not, therefore, operate either a Gold or Green model of open access, but is free to all at any time and in perpetuity.
- To maintain the Open and Free access, the JSG depends upon the financial support provided by the Faculty of Social and Political Science, Hasanuddin University, the goodwill of its editorial team and advisory board, and the continuing support of its network of peer reviewers.
A Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 (CC BY-ND 4.0) license applies to all contents published in JSG. While articles published on JSG can be copied by anyone for noncommercial purposes if proper credit is given, all materials are published under an open-access license with authors retaining full and permanent ownership of their work. JSG retains a perpetual, non-exclusive right to publish the work and to include it in other aggregations and indexes to achieve broader impact and visibility.
Authors are responsible for and required to ascertain that they are in possession of image rights for any and all photographs, illustrations, and figures included in their work or to obtain publication or reproduction rights from the rights holders.
Contents of the journal will be registered with the Directory of Open Access Journals and similar repositories. In submitting their work for publication in JSG, authors agree to the terms set above. Authors are free and encouraged to store their work elsewhere, for instance in institutional repositories or websites such as academia.edu, researchgate.com, mendeley.com, etc., to increase circulation (see The Effects of Open Access). Authors are also able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal. JSG does not charge any reprint fees and it is not necessary to contact JSG for permission.