TINJAUAN SISTEMATIS TENTANG TEKNIK DELPHI DAN KAITANNYA TERHADAP ISU KEFARMASIAN TERKINI
Submited : May 9, 2019
Published : May 9, 2019
Delphi technique has been knowned in variety research of studies and countries for almost eight decades as one of reliable decision making method. Its success and relation in pharmacy field has been examined but not yet catalogue recently in a comprehensive manner. The objective of this study was to review existing literature studies on the topic of Delphi technique and its relation on current pharmaceutical issues to provide an analysis of its success and impact in pharmacy and health sector. A search of 6 electronic databases i.e: Google Scholar, MEDLINE, PubMed, ScienceDirect, Web of Science and Proquest was conducted during November 2018. A scientific review of literature (2008-2018) was performed to identify and collate information from relevant, peer reviewed original study articles investigating Delphi technique employed in pharmaceutical issues. A thematic analysis was undertaken to categorize categories of pharmacy, pharmaceutical, pharmaceutical care and pharmacist. Thirty two original study articles were included in this review. All articles were based in the U.S., Europe, Australia and Asia. After reviewing all the articles, 5 themes with 13 categories were generated. These themes included essential role of pharmacist in healthcare, pharmacy professionalism, medication management protocol, pharmacy education, and drug policy. It concluded that overall, through this review it is evident that there are a number of themes on pharmacy issues that employed by Delphi techniques. This review indicated that although Delphi technique are successful and to be satisfactory applied in pharmacy field, the usage of technique in pharmacy issues need to be further enhanced.
- Kennie-Kaulbach N, Farrell B, Ward N, Johnston S, Gubbels A, Eguale T, et al. Pharmacist provision of primary health care: A modified Delphi validation of pharmacists’ competencies. BMC Fam Pract. 2012;13.
- Cartwright AL, Spina SP. Author ’ s Accepted Manuscript. Heal Policy Technol [Internet]. 2014; Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hlpt.2014.01.003
- Cantrill J A, Sibbald B, Buetow S. The Delphi and nominal group techniques in health services research. Int J Pharm Pract. 1996;4:67–74.
- McMillan SS, King M, Tully MP. How to use the nominal group and Delphi techniques. Int J Clin Pharm. 2016;38(3):655–62.
- Pauline N, Rouse MJ, Schlaifer M. Scope of contemporary pharmacy practice: Roles, responsibilities, and functions of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Consult Pharm [Internet]. 2010;25(6):382–94. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1331/JAPhA.2010.10510
- Poirier TI. A seminar course on contemporary pharmacy issues. Am J Pharm Educ. 2008;72(2):1–7.
- Nosrgaard LS, Morgall JM, Bissell P. Arguments for theory-based Pharmacy Practice research. Int J Pharm Pract [Internet]. 2000;8(2):77–81. Available from: http://doi.wiley.com/10.1111/j.2042-7174.2000.tb00989.x
- Fernández-llamazares CM, Hernández-gago Y, Pozas M, Villaronga M, Álvarez-del-vayo C, Caba MJ, et al. Two-round Delphi technique for the consensual design of a paediatric pharmaceutical care model. 2013;68:31–7.
- Chisholm A, Price DB, Pinnock H, Lee TT, Roa C, Cho SH, et al. Personalising care of adults with asthma from Asia: A modified e-Dephi consensus study to inform management tailored to attitude and control profiles. npj Prim Care Respir Med. 2017;27(August):1–10.
- Ko KJ, Wade RL, Yu H-T, Miller RM, Sherman B, Goad J. Implementation of a Pharmacy-Based Adult Vaccine Benefit: Recommendations for a Commercial Health Plan Benefit. J Manag Care Pharm [Internet]. 2014;20(3):273–82. Available from: http://www.jmcp.org/doi/10.18553/jmcp.2014.20.3.273
- Ignoffo R, Knapp K, Barnett M, Barbour SY, D’Amato S, Iacovelli L, et al. Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacists: Their Potential Contribution to Reducing a Shortfall in Oncology Patient Visits. J Oncol Pract [Internet]. 2016;12(4):e359–68. Available from: http://ascopubs.org/doi/10.1200/JOP.2015.008490
- Koehler TC, Bok H, Westerman M, Jaarsma D. Developing a competency framework for pharmacy technicians: Perspectives from the field. Res Soc Adm Pharm [Internet]. 2018; Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sapharm.2018.06.017
- Janke KK, Bzowyckyj AS, Traynor AP. Editors’ perspectives on enhancing manuscript quality and editorial decisions through peer review and reviewer development. Am J Pharm Educ. 2017;81(4).
- Kelly A, Tong A, Tymms K, March L, Craig JC, De Vera M, et al. Outcome Measures in Rheumatology - Interventions for medication Adherence (OMERACT-Adherence) Core Domain Set for Trials of Interventions for Medication Adherence in Rheumatology: 5 Phase Study Protocol. Trials. 2018;19(1):1–13.
- Desnoyer A, Blanc AL, Pourcher V, Besson M, Fonzo-Christe C, Desmeules J, et al. PIM-Check: Development of an international prescription-screening checklist designed by a Delphi method for internal medicine patients. BMJ Open. 2017;7(7):1–20.
- Guerreiro MP, Plácido M, Barros CT, Coelho A, Graça A, Gaspar MJ, et al. A national e-Delphi towards the measurement of safe medication practices in Portuguese hospitals. Eur J Hosp Pharm. 2018;25(2):103–6.
- Mattingly TJ, Romanelli F, Cain J, Schlesselman LS. Measuring up – Defining the quality of PharmD programs. Am J Pharm Educ. 2017;81(9):47–52.
- Janke KK, Kelley KA, Sweet B V., Kuba SE. A modified Delphi process to define competencies for assessment leads supporting a doctor of pharmacy program. Am J Pharm Educ. 2016;80(10).
- Knapp K, Shane P, Sasaki-Hill D, Yoshizuka K, Chan P, Vo T. Bullying in the clinical training of pharmacy students. Am J Pharm Educ. 2014;78(6):117.
- Peirce GL, Desselle SP, Draugalis JR, Spies AR, Davis TS, Bolino M. Identifying psychological contract breaches to guide improvements in faculty recruitment, retention, and development. Am J Pharm Educ [Internet]. 2012;76(6). Available from: http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0-84865190359&partnerID=tZOtx3y1
- Penm J, Vaillancourt R, Pouliot A. Defining and identifying concepts of medication reconciliation: An international pharmacy perspective. Res Soc Adm Pharm. 2018;(xxxx).
- Aronson BD, Janke KK, Traynor AP. Investigating student pharmacist perceptions of professional engagement using a modified Delphi process. Am J Pharm Educ. 2012;76(7).
- Byrne A, Boon H, Austin Z, Jurgens T, Raman-Wilms L. Core competencies in natural health products for Canadian pharmacy students. Am J Pharm Educ [Internet]. 2010;74(3):45. Available from: http://www.embase.com/search/results?subaction=viewrecord&from=export&id=L360292957%0Ahttps://resolver.library.uq.edu.au/?sid=EMBASE&issn=15536467&id=doi:&atitle=Core+competencies+in+natural+health+products+for+Canadian+pharmacy+students.&stitle=Am+J+Phar
- Bush AA, Buhlinger KM, McLaughlin JE. Identifying shared values for school-affiliated student organizations. Am J Pharm Educ. 2017;81(9):53–9.
- Carey S, Kalachov M, Jones L, Koh C. Development of consensus on models of care in adults with intestinal failure using a modified Delphi approach. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2018;33(9):1598–602.
- Dickman A, Bickerstaff M, Jackson R, Schneider J, Mason S, Ellershaw J. Identification of drug combinations administered by continuous subcutaneous infusion that require analysis for compatibility and stability. BMC Palliat Care. 2017;16(1):22.
- Desselle SP, Semsick GR. Identification and development of items comprising organizational citizenship behaviors among pharmacy faculty. Am J Pharm Educ. 2016;80(10).
- Gibbins AK, Wood PJ, Spark MJ. Managing inappropriate use of non-prescription combination analgesics containing codeine: A modified Delphi study. Res Soc Adm Pharm [Internet]. 2017;13(2):369–77. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sapharm.2016.02.015
- Gyllensten H, Hakkarainen KM, Jönsson AK, Sundell KA, Hägg S, Rehnberg C, et al. Modelling drug-related morbidity in Sweden using an expert panel of pharmacists’. Int J Clin Pharm. 2012;34(4):538–46.
- Helmy R, Zullig LL, Dunbar-Jacob J, Hughes DA, Vrijens B, Wilson IB, et al. ESPACOMP Medication Adherence Reporting Guidelines (EMERGE): A reactive-Delphi study protocol. BMJ Open. 2017;7(2):1–7.
- Holton AE, Gallagher PJ, Ryan C, Fahey T, Cousins G. Consensus validation of the POSAMINO (POtentially Serious Alcohol-Medication INteractions in Older adults) criteria. BMJ Open. 2017;7(11):1–9.
- Krzyżaniak N, Pawłowska I, Bajorek B. Quality pharmacy services and key performance indicators in Polish NICUs: a Delphi approach. Int J Clin Pharm [Internet]. 2018;40(3):533–42. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11096-018-0623-y
- Madaras-Kelly K, Jones M, Remington R, Hill N, Huttner B, Samore M. Development of an Antibiotic Spectrum Score Based on Veterans Affairs Culture and Susceptibility Data for the Purpose of Measuring Antibiotic De-Escalation: A Modified Delphi Approach. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol [Internet]. 2014;35(09):1103–13. Available from: https://www.cambridge.org/core/product/identifier/S0899823X00192815/type/journal_article
- Miklich MA, Reed BN, Mattingly TJ, Haines ST. Beliefs and behaviors of professionally engaged pharmacists. J Am Pharm Assoc [Internet]. 2016;56(4):405–11. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.japh.2016.03.011
- Miller RM, Happe LE, Meyer KL, Spear RJ. Approaches to the Management of Agents Used for the Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis: Consensus Statements from a Panel of U.S. Managed Care Pharmacists and Physicians. J Manag Care Pharm [Internet]. 2012;18(1):54–62. Available from: http://www.jmcp.org/doi/10.18553/jmcp.2012.18.1.54
- Shawahna R, Haddad A, Khawaja B, Raie R, Zaneen S, Edais T. Medication dispensing errors in Palestinian community pharmacy practice: a formal consensus using the Delphi technique. Int J Clin Pharm. 2016;38(5):1112–23.
- Stewart D, Gibson-Smith K, MacLure K, Mair A, Alonso A, Codina C, et al. A modified Delphi study to determine the level of consensus across the European Union on the structures, processes and desired outcomes of the management of polypharmacy in older people. PLoS One. 2017;12(11):1–17.
- Traynor AP, Boyle CJ, Janke KK. Guiding principles for student leadership development in the doctor of pharmacy program to assist administrators and faculty members in implementing or refining curricula. Am J Pharm Educ. 2013;77(10).
- Weir NJM, Pattison SH, Kearney P, Stafford B, Gormley GJ, Crockard MA, et al. Criteria required for an acceptable point-of-care test for UTI detection: Obtaining consensus using the Delphi technique. PLoS One. 2018;13(6):1–13.
Saud, A. (2019). TINJAUAN SISTEMATIS TENTANG TEKNIK DELPHI DAN KAITANNYA TERHADAP ISU KEFARMASIAN TERKINI. Majalah Farmasi Dan Farmakologi, 23(1), 38-47. https://doi.org/10.20956/mff.v23i1.6471
Download data is not yet available.