As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
Hasanuddin Journal of Public Health receives a manuscript in the form of an original article research paper in the field of public health studies that have not been or are currently being processed for publication in other journals. Manuscripts use Indonesian Language or English and are sent or submitted in the form of MS Word files to OJS Hasanuddin Journal of Public Health. Manuscript submission to OJS is free and a manuscript submission guide can be downloaded here.
Journal writing guidelines Hasanuddin Journal of Public Health as follows:
Manuscripts were written in A4 (single column), the letter (font) Times New Roman, font size 11 points, and spacing 1.5. a maximum of 15 pages in a single article. Each page is assigned a number in the sequence, starting from the title page to the last. Component articles include an article title, author, Abstract, Keywords, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions and Recommendations, Acknowledgments, References. Template or format writing can be downloaded here.
- The title is written in English and Indonesian language maximum of 15 words. The title should be clear, concise, and interesting.
- Abstract writing a maximum of 250 words in English and Indonesian language using Times New Roman 10 points, spacing 1. The abstract contains an introduction (1-2 sentences), the purpose of the study (1 sentence), materials and methods (3-5 sentences), results in research (3-5 sentences), conclusion (1 sentence) made in one (1) paragraph.
- Keywords at least 3 words maximum 5 words (capital letters only in the first keyword, separated by commas, and does not end in a point on the last keyword).
- The introduction contains urgency and background research described problems with the inverted pyramid method starting from the global, national and local. Reference lists (literature or relevant research results) by using several sources (Vancouver superscript) in each sentence after the dot (.) The number of pages in the introduction is as much as 1-1.5 pages written using Times New Roman 11 point (upright) with 1.5 spacing. Each paragraph begins with the words that are indented into five digits. The final section of the introduction should state the objectives of the study.
- The materials and methods describe the types of research, the location and time of the study, population and sample, sampling techniques, data collection techniques, data analysis, and data presentation. Research using tools and materials, need to write specifications of the equipment and materials used. Qualitative research such as case studies, phenomenology, ethnography, and others, need to add a description of the checking of the validity of the study results. At the end paragraph of the material and methods, the author must write down the ethical clearance. Writing using Times New Roman 11 point (upright) with 1.5 spacing. The paragraph begins with the words that are indented into 5 digits and may not use organizing writing into "sub-heading" in this section. Shown in 1-2 paragraphs.
- The results describe the characteristics of the subject, including univariate, bivariate, and multivariate analyses (if any). Each table or figure must have a narrative interpretation of the results and place it before the table or figure. Writing using Times New Roman 11 point (upright) with 1.5 spacing. The paragraph begins with the words that are indented into 5 digits and may not use organizing writing into sub-headings for each variable.
- The discussion contains the interpretation of research results, linking the results of the research with relevant theory, literature, and previous findings. Discussions are not repeated results. Aspirations of insight are universal in nature, preferably sources on an international scale than on a national scale, and do not originate from the relevant university environment because they are considered to have very local aspirations. Writing on the results and discussion of ± 55% of the total pages. Writing using Times New Roman 11 point (upright) with 1.5 spacing. The paragraph begins with the words that are indented into 5 digits and may not use organizing writing into sub-headings for each variable.
- The conclusion and recommendation contain a summary of the description of the results and a discussion with reference to the purpose of the research. Advice is based on research findings that have been discussed. Suggestions can refer to practical action, the development of new theories, and or studies. Writing the conclusions and recommendations on using Times New Roman 11 point (upright) with 1.5 spacing. The paragraph begins with the words that are indented into 5 digits and may not use bullets or numbers. Featured in one paragraph.
- Acknowledgment, if needed thanks can be given to 1) the parties to provide financial assistance and support, 2) the support of sections and institutions, 3) the professionals who contributed to the preparation of the report.
- References, the bibliography is written according to the Vancouver superscript-style writing rules. All references used in writing in the bibliography be numbered in accordance with the appearance of the article, not alphabetically. Include only used and relevant literature. Referral source at least 30% in the form of literature published 10 years. Referral source in the form of a Journal of articles published in the last 5 years at least 70% of the total bibliography. References used are the primary source in the form of research articles in journals or research reports, books, or articles that are linked from the official source. Articles that have been published in the Hasanuddin Journal of Public Health are recommended for use as a reference. To maintain the consistency of the way of reference, quoting, and writing a bibliography we suggest using standard reference applications such as Endnote, Mendeley, or Zotero.