Zona Laut: Journal of Maritime Science and Technology Innovation (eISSN 2721-5717, pISSN 2747-2124) is a peer-reviewed journal published by the Department of Marine Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Hasanuddin University. This journal is published every year in March, July, and November. This journal is intended as a means of scientific publication in the field of Marine Technology, both theoretical and applied. The articles published are the results of original research, reviews on the latest progress of a particular topic, and case studies of innovations in Ocean Engineering Science and Technology.
This scientific code of ethics regulates the parties involved in the Zona Laut Journal's publication process, including publishers, editors, peer reviewers, and authors. This Scientific Publication Code of Ethics upholds three ethics in publication, namely
1. Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in publication management;
2. Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors; and
3. Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
The publisher of the Zona Laut Journal is the Department of Marine Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Hasanuddin University, and has the following responsibilities:
1. Publish articles that have been edited, reviewed, and laid out following the rules of publishing scientific journals.
2. Guarantee academic freedom for editors and reviewers in carrying out their duties and responsibilities.
3. Maintain privacy, and protect intellectual property, copyright, and editorial freedom.
The Zona Laut journal editor is responsible for deciding which manuscripts are suitable for publication. The editor's decision is determined through an editorial board meeting which refers to the applicable legal requirements regarding defamation, copyright infringement, duplication, data fabrication, data falsification, and plagiarism. In reviewing and receiving the manuscript, the Zona Laut journal editor team is based on the principle of equal treatment in deciding to publish the manuscript without distinguishing the author's race, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, or political ideology. The editorial board of the Zona Laut Journal will not disclose any information about the submitted manuscripts except with the author's permission. Manuscripts that are not published will not be used by the editor of the Zona Laut Journal for their purposes and will be returned directly to the author.
The Zona Laut reviewer assists editors in making editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts provided that:
1. Reviewer of the Zona Laut Journal is responsible for the recommendations of the manuscripts it reviews.
2. Review of the manuscript is carried out objectively and is supported by clear arguments.
3. Reviewers of the Zona Laut Journal are responsible for quotations, references, duplication, data fabrication, data falsification, and plagiarism of the texts it reviews.
4. Zona Laut Journal reviewers must always maintain the confidentiality of the information and not use data from the manuscripts he reviews for personal interest.
Authors must write texts ethically, honestly, and responsibly under applicable scientific regulations. Authors must present the text of their thoughts or research honestly and without duplication, data fabrication, data falsification, and plagiarism. The author is responsible for the submitted confirmation of the written manuscript. Authors must indicate references to the opinions and work of others cited. The author does not mind if the manuscript undergoes editing during the review process and layout without changing the substance or central idea of the writing. Authors who have submitted to the Zona Laut Journal are not allowed to submit to other journals before the review process is complete.