Focus and Scope
ETNOSIA: Jurnal Etnografi Indonesia was published to develop and enrich scientific discussion for scholars who put interest in socio-cultural issues in Indonesia. This journal applies the single-blind peer-reviewed process in selecting a high-quality article. Editors welcome theoretical or research-based article submission. The author’s argument doesn’t need to be in line with editors.
The scope of the field articles published in this journal deal with;
- The article presents the results of an ethnographic/qualitative research in a certain topic and is related to ethnic/social groups in Indonesia;
- The article is an elaborated discussion of applied and collaborative research with strong engagement between the author and the collaborator’s subject in implementing intervention programs or any other development initiative that puts emphasis on social, political, and cultural issues.
The scope of the desk research published in this journal deal with;
- Theoretical writing elaborates on a social and cultural theory linked with the theoretical discourse of anthropology.
- The article is a critical review of anthropological references and other ethnography books that must be published at least in the last 5 years.
- Review papers exist for the expression of opinions and allow authors to submit material that may not be appropriate for original research articles but which contains ideas worthy of publication.
The scope of the articles published in this journal deal with a broad range of topics, including:
- Social and Cultural Anthropology;
- Law Anthropology;
- Economic Anthropology;
- Ecological Anthropology;
- Maritime Anthropology;
- Agricultural Anthropology;
- Social Identity;
- Interactionisme and Simbolisme;
- Business Anthropology;
- The religion of Anthropology;
- Ethnography of Communication;
- Medical Anthropology.
- Anthropological Tourism.