Emotional Maturity of Teenagers Who Have Mothers as Single Parents in SMA Negeri 1 Maiwa Enrekang
AbstractIntroduction: The high number of divorce in Indonesia would cause big impacts to children. Nowadays, family with single parents used to have specific problems. It is caused by the condition that only one person who grow their child. Most of them, teenagers who loss their fathers in their 11 or 15 years old (teenage middle age) felt emotional distress such us, loneliness, sadness, and lack of attentions. Aims of study is to know about Emotional Maturity of teenagers having Mother as Single Parents in SMA Negeri 1 Maiwa, Enrekang City. Method: This research is a quantitative study with descriptive analytic design. The Sampling Method of this research is Total Sampling. With number of sample is 33 teenagers. Result: this research showed that 93.9% respondents, have a high dependence, 97% of respondents have a high acceptance of reality, 78.8% respondents have skills in right response, 97% of respondents have high safe feeling, and 57% of respondents have high adaptation skills, 100% of respondents have high empathy skill, 66.7% of respondents have high emotion control, therefore 100% of respondents have positive emotional maturity. Conclusion: Most respondents have high emotional maturity (dependence, acceptance of reality skill, right response skill, safe feeling, adaptation skill, empathy skill, and emotion control skill). Therefore, it could be new information about teenage emotional maturity from those having mothers as single parents, and hopefully this study could help and build maturity of teenagers in SMA Negeri 1 Maiwa, Enrekang City.
Ari, M., & Asrori. (2011). Psikologi remaja-perkembangan peserta didik (7th ed.). Jakarta: PT Bumi Aksara. Hildayani, R. (2007). Penanganan anak berkelainan (anak dengan kebutuhan khusus) (1st ed.). Jakarta: Universitas Terbuka.
Lestari, D. W. (2014). Penerimaan diri dan strategi kopingpada remaja korban perceraian orang tua. eJournal Psikologi, II(1), 1.
Mahmoudi, A. (2012, Oktober 5). Emotional maturity and adjustment level of college students education. resjournals, II(1), 18-19. Papalia, D. E., Old, S. W., & Feldman, R. D. (2009). Human development. New York: Mc Graw Hill. Putri, S. M., & Kurniadi, O. (2015). Komunikasi antar pribadi pada orang tua tunggal dengan anak remajanya. 6.
Ratri, S. A. (2006). Melatih anak mandiri. Yogyakarta: Kanisius. Retnowati, Y. (2008). Pola komunikasi orang tua tunggal dalam membentuk kemandirian anak. Jurnal Ilmu Komunikasi, VI, 200.
Santrock, J. W. (2003). Perkembangan remaja (6th ed.). Jakarta: Erlangga.
Steinberg, L. (2002). Adolescence (6th ed.). New York: MC Graw Hill.
Yuliawati, L., & Setiawan, J.L. (2007). Perbedaan kecerdasan emosional remaja ditinjau dari keberadaan ayah. Jurnal Psikologi, 1-14.
Yuniardi, M. S., & Djudiyah. (2011). Model pengembangan konsep diri melalui support group therapy: upaya meminimalkan trauma psikis remaja dari keluarga single parent. Jurnal Psikologi Proyeksi, VI(1), 16-26.
How to Cite
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Ismayani Safitri, Hapsah Hapsah, Akbar Harisa, Nurses Attitude Toward Patients as A Translating of Nursing Code of Ethics in Universitas Hasanuddin Hospital , Indonesian Contemporary Nursing Journal (ICON Journal): Volume 4 No. 2 Februari 2020
- Hasnah Hasnah, Hapsah Hapsah, Silvia Malasari, Ariyanti Saleh, Akbar Harisa, Nurses’ Experience of Dealing With Patients’ Aggressive Behaviour in Psychiatric Emergency Ward of Hospital in South Sulawesi , Indonesian Contemporary Nursing Journal (ICON Journal): Volume 3 No. 1 Agustus 2018
- Muhammad Al-amin R. Sapeni, Kadek Ayu Erika, Ariyanti Saleh, Effectiveness of Clinical Learning Methods in Improving Clinical Skills of Nursing Students: Systematic Review , Indonesian Contemporary Nursing Journal (ICON Journal): Volume 5 No. 1 Agustus 2020
- Rezki Yusfa Seftiani, Nurhaya Nurdin, Akbar Harisa, Hapsah Hapsah, Nuurhidayat Jafar, Social Interaction of Students Based on Smartphone Addiction Level in Public High School 21 of Makassar , Indonesian Contemporary Nursing Journal (ICON Journal): Volume 2 No. 2 Februari 2018
- Debi Sambak, Tuti Seniwati, Akbar Harisa, The Storytelling and Improvement of Language and Social Skills in Autism Children , Indonesian Contemporary Nursing Journal (ICON Journal): Volume 6 No. 1 Agustus 2021
- Salsa Bella Fitri Pagesa, Akbar Harisa, Nurhaya Nurdin, Moh. Syafar Sangkala, Silvia Malasari, Health Literacy Level of Nursing Students in The Islamic Colleges of Makassar City , Indonesian Contemporary Nursing Journal (ICON Journal): Volume 6 No. 2 Februari 2022
- Hapsah Hapsah, Wa Ode Nur Isnah Sabriyati, Andi Tenri Rustam, Anugrahwati Datu Mikan, Nurlaila Fitriani, Ariyanti Saleh, Hamisah Hamisah, Overview of Religious Activities of Students in Makassar in the Third Year of Covid-19 , Indonesian Contemporary Nursing Journal (ICON Journal): Vol. 7 No. 2 (2023): Volume 7 No. 2 Februari 2023