Maritime Park: Journal of Maritime Technology and Society is a peer-reviewed journal published by the Department of Ocean Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Hasanuddin University. This journal is published three times each year in February, June, and October. This journal is intended as a means of scientific publication in the field of Maritime Technology and Society, both theoretical and applied. The articles published are the results of original research, reviews on the latest progress of a particular topic, case studies of technology and society in Ocean Engineering Science and Technology.
This scientific code of ethics regulates the parties involved in the publication process of the Maritime Park Journal which includes publishers, editors, peer reviewers, and authors. This Scientific Publication Code of Ethics upholds three ethics in publication, namely
1. Neutrality, which is free from conflicts of interest in publication management;
2. Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors; and
3. Honesty is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
The publisher of the Maritime Park Journal is the Department of Ocen Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Hasanuddin University, which has the following responsibilities:
1. Publish articles that have gone through the process of editing, reviewing, and layout following the rules of publishing scientific journals.
2. Guarantee academic freedom for editors and reviewers in carrying out their duties and responsibilities.
3. Maintain privacy and protect intellectual property, copyright, and editorial freedom.
The Maritime Park Journal editor is responsible for deciding which manuscripts are suitable for publication. The editor's decision is determined through an editorial board meeting which refers to the applicable legal requirements regarding defamation, copyright infringement, duplication, data fabrication, data falsification, and plagiarism. In the process of reviewing and receiving the manuscript, the Maritime Park Journal editor team is based on the principle of equal treatment in making decisions to publish the manuscript without distinguishing the author's race, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, or political ideology. The editorial board of the Maritime Park Journal will not disclose any information about the submitted manuscripts except with the author's permission. Manuscripts that are not published will not be used by the editor of the Maritime Park Journal for their purposes and will be returned directly to the author.
The Maritime Park reviewer assists editors in making editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts provided that:
1. Reviewer of the Maritime Park Journal is responsible for the recommendations of the manuscripts it reviews.
2. Review of the manuscript is carried out objectively and is supported by clear arguments.
3. Reviewers of the Maritime Park Journal are responsible for quotations, references, duplication, data fabrication, data falsification, and plagiarism of the texts it reviews.
4. Maritime Park Journal reviewers must always maintain the confidentiality of the information and not use information from the manuscripts he reviews for personal interest.
Authors must present the text of their thoughts or research in a clear, honest, and without duplication, data fabrication, data falsification, and plagiarism. The author is responsible for the submitted confirmation of the written manuscript. Authors must indicate references to the opinions and work of others cited. Authors must write texts ethically, honestly, and responsibly, under applicable scientific writing regulations. The author does not mind if the manuscript undergoes editing during the review process and layout without changing the substance or main idea of the writing. Authors who have submitted in the Maritime Park Journal are not allowed to submit to other journals before the review process is complete.