The stages of the journal publishing process are as follows:
All manuscripts will be subject to editorial review and double-blind peer reviews. The Journal editor does not reveal the reviewer's credentials to the authors and vice-versa. So, both parties are not aware of each other's identity. All indicators of identity such as names, affiliations, etc are removed. Submitted manuscripts will generally be reviewed by two to three experts who will be asked to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates already published work, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. Reviewers will also be asked to indicate how interesting and significant the research is. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board.
The authors should carefully examine sentence structure, completeness, and the accuracy of the text, references, tables, and graphic contents of the revised manuscript. Based on the reviewer's comments, the editors will then accept or reject the papers with the following conditions:
- Accept and publish, with or without editorial revisions.
- Invite the authors to revise their manuscripts and address specific concerns.
- Reject the article outright, typically on grounds of lack of originality, insufficient conceptual advancements, or major technical and or interpretational problems. Any changes made to the original manuscript will be clearly stated for the authors to review.
- Manuscripts with excessive errors in any aspect, i.e., spelling or punctuation, will be returned to authors for revision before resubmission or may be rejected entirely.
- The Editor-in-Chief will have the final decision regarding the acceptance or rejection of manuscripts.
- In the final stage, the editorial board has the right to edit articles related to aspects of style, format, and clarity according to the Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia template.
The time to reach a final decision depends on the number of reviews rotation, perceptive writer, etc. Typically, the time frame of delivery by an average of 2-3 months a final decision.