About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia is a scientific journal which published original articles of public health. The editors welcome scientifict articles relevant to national and international public health issues. The journal welcomes submissions from around the world as well as from Indonesia. Published Four Times a year.
Aims and Scope Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia :
- Health Education and Promotion
- Environmental Health
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Health Administration and Policy
- Reproductive Health
- Hospital Management
- Nutrition Science
- Health Information System
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts will be subject to editorial review and double blind peer reviews. The Journal editor does not reveal the reviewers credentials to the authors and vice-versa. So both parties are not aware of each other's identity. All indicators of identity such as names, affiliations, etc are removed.
Submitted manuscripts will generally be reviewed by two to three experts who will be asked to evaluate whether the manuscript is scientifically sound and coherent, whether it duplicates already published work, and whether or not the manuscript is sufficiently clear for publication. Reviewers will also be asked to indicate how interesting and significant the research is. The Editors will reach a decision based on these reports and, where necessary, they will consult with members of the Editorial Board.
Based on the reviewers comments, the editors will then accept or reject the papers with the following conditions: (1) Accept and publish, with or without editorial revisions, (2) Invite the authors to revise their manuscript and address specific concerns, (3) Reject the article outright, typically on grounds of lack of originality, insufficient conceptual advancements or major technical and/or interpretational problems. Any changes made to the original manuscript will be clearly stated for the authors to review.
The authors should carefully examine sentence structure, the completeness and accuracy of the text, references, tables, and graphic contents of the revised manuscript. The Editor-in-Chief will have the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection of manuscripts. The Editorial Board reserves the right to edit articles on all aspects of style, format, and clarity. Manuscripts with excessive errors in any aspect, i.e. spelling or punctuation, will be returned to authors for revision before resubmission or may be rejected entirely. The time to reach a final decision depends on the number of reviews rotation, perceptive writer etc. Typically, the time frame of delivery by an average of 2-3 months a final decision.
Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia is a Journal published online four times a year in March, June, September, and December. The number of articles published in each issue are 12 articles.
Open Access Policy
Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia is a peer reviewed journal with open access. The article processing or delivery of the manuscript submitted to the manager editor through an online system or by using the OJS Open Access publishing model.
Authors can use articles that have been published in pdf format either for non-commercial use on a personal website or non-commercial institutions. All published articles are Open Access free for to users. Users have the right to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search or link to the full text of articles Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)
Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia use guidelines issued by the Committee on Publication Ethics (Commission of Publication Ethics / COPE). Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia requires that all articles involving human subjects to respect the principles of research ethics as stated in the Declaration of Helsinki. As for research involving animals as subjects are also required to comply with the International Principles for Biomedical Research issued by the International Council of Organizations of Medical Sciences (CIOMS). Ethical publication should be clear in order to improve the quality of research. Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia by COPE adjust to meet the ethical standards for publishers, editors, authors, and reviewers.
Here are the ethical standards for editors, authors, and reviewers.
- Editors should be responsible for every article published in Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia.
- Editors should help authors to follow the Guidelines for author.
- Editors may communicate with other editors or reviewers in making the final decision.
- An editor has to evaluate the manuscript objectively for publication, judging each on its quality without looking to nationality, ethnicity, political beliefs, race, religion, gender, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the authors. Editors should decline the assignment when there is a potential for conflict of interest.
- Editors need to ensure the document sent to the reviewers does not contain the information of the author, vice versa.
- Editors’ decision should be informed to authors accompanied by reviewers’ comments unless they contain offensive or libellous remarks.
- Editors should respect requests from authors that an individual should not review the submission if these are well reasoned and practicable.
- Editors and all staffs should guarantee the confidentiality of the submitted manuscript.
- Editors will be guided by the COPE flowcharts if there is a suspected misconduct or disputed authorship.
- Reviewers comment on the possibility of errors in ethical research and publications.
- Reviewers should do the job on time and notify the Editor if they can not finish the job.
- Reviewers must maintain the confidentiality of the manuscript.
- Reviewers should not be receiving and reviewing the manuscript if there is a potential conflict of interest between them and the authors.
- The author ensures that the material would be published have not been published and sent to another place simultanously
- Authors must ensure the authenticity of their research and they have cited the others opinion correctly in accordance with the reference format.
- The author is not involved in plagiarism.
- Authors must follow the criteria described in the guideline writing to the author of Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia.
- Authors are not advised to publish any personal information that may make the patient recognizable identity in the form of the description section, photograph or genealogy. When photographs of patients is very important and indispensable as scientific information, the authors have received approval in written form and has clearly stated it.
- In the case of experiments on humans, the authors state that the study was in accordance with the ethical standards of the Helsinki declaration, which leads the human experiment. If there are doubts raised whether the study took place in accordance with the declaration, the author should explain it. In the case of experiments on animals, the author has certified that the author has followed the guidelines and abroad with regard to animal experiments in the laboratory.
- Authors must submit the data and details to the editor, if suspected falsification or fabrication of data.
- The authors should explain everything that can give rise to a conflict of interest such as employment, research costs, consulting fees, and intellectual property on guidelines for Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia writers
Article Processing Charges
Any article submitted to Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia:
Article Submission charges Free
Article Processing charges (APCs)
IDR 1.250.000/article This includes editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving, and allows immediate access to the full-text versions of the articles.
Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia have a policy of screening for plagiarism. We use Anti-Plagiarism Software "Turnitin" to check the authenticity article. Articles that escapes when the obtained similarity is less than 30 %.
Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia , with pISSN: 0216-2482 was first published in May 2007 by Faculty of Public Health, Hasanuddin University. Since August 2014 ISSN Electronics has registered: 2356-4067. On 18 October 2018, Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia had collaboration with the Association of Indonesian Public Health Experts (IAKMI). MKMI is published 4 times a year, namely March, June, September and December. The number of articles published / published in each publication is 9 articles, but since March 2017 there have been 12 articles per publication. This happened along by the increasing number of submissions at MKMI. MKMI has been nationally accredited with Sinta 2 since 2015.
Sources of Support
Ikatan Ahli Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia (IAKMI)
Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia , with pISSN: 0216-2482 was first published in May 2007 by Faculty of Public Health, Hasanuddin University. Since August 2014 ISSN Electronics has registered: 2356-4067. On 18 October 2018, Media Kesehatan Masyarakat Indonesia had collaboration with the Association of Indonesian Public Health Experts (IAKMI).
MKMI is published 4 times a year, namely March, June, September and December. The number of articles published / published in each publication is 9 articles, but since March 2017 there have been 12 articles per publication. This happened along by the increasing number of submissions at MKMI. MKMI has been nationally accredited with Sinta 2 since 2015.