Vol. 3 No. 2 (2020): JUNE
ELS-JISH is a journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities: Linguistics, Literature, Language Teaching, Translation, and Culture, a scholarly peer-reviewed international scientific journal published quartely by the Faculty of Cultural Sciences Hasanuddin University Publication, focusing on theories, methods, and materials in Linguistics, Literature, Language Teaching, Translation, and Culture (study and research). It provides a high profile, leading edge forum for academics, professionals, educators, consultants, practitioners and postgraduate students in the field of English Language Studies (ELS) to contribute and disseminate innovative new work on the disciplines. JISH was started in 2017 and first published in 2018. It invites original, previously unpublished, research and survey articles, plus research-in-progress reports and short research notes, on both practical and theoretical aspects of Linguistics, Literature, Language Teaching, Translation, and Culture.
Focus and Scope
ELS-JISH promotes Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities. It publishes an original article on both practical and theoretical aspects of Linguistics, Literature, Teaching, Translation, and Culture.
Areas of Interest:
- Language and culture, cognition, and pragmatics
- Language teaching methodologies
- Sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, and neurolinguistics
- Discourse analysis
- Pedagogical techniques
- Teaching and curricular practices
- Curriculum development and teaching methods
- Programme, syllabus, and materials design
- Second and foreign language teaching and learning
- Classroom-centered research
- Translation and Interpreting
- Teaching of specific skills
- Language education
- Teacher education and professional development
- Teacher training
- Cross-cultural studies
- Child, second, and foreign language acquisition
- Bilingual and multilingual education
- New technologies in language teaching
- Testing and evaluation
- Language teaching for specific purposes
- Language representation
- Language planning
- Literature, language, and linguistics
- Comparative Literature
- Children Literature
- Cyber Literature
- Applied linguistics
- Phonetics, phonology, and morphology
- Syntax and semantics
- Language teaching and psychology, anthropology, sociology
- Oral literature and Fairy tales
- Theories and practice in related fields
Peer Review Process
ELS-JISH has its own guidlines, please refer to the journal's submission guidlines to ensure the most efficient processing of your article thorugh the peer-review and publication process.
- ELS-JISH publishes quartely a year. Publication dates: March, June, September, December
- ELS-JISH is founded in 2017, and first published in March 2018
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Publication Ethics for Journal Authors
Authors should declare that all work in their submitted piece is original, and cite content from other sources appropriately to avoid plagiarism. This Journal using turnitin and plagiarism checker for similarities. Maximum 25% of similarities will be tollerated.
All authors should be aware of the submission of their paper to the journal and agree to the main author signing an IPR form on their behalf.
Authors should ensure that their manuscript as submitted is not under consideration (or accepted for publication) elsewhere. Where sections of the manuscript overlap with published or submitted content, this should be acknowledged and cited.
Authors should obtain permission to reproduce any content from third-party sources (text and images). Unfortunately, the Press is unable to publish third-party content for which permission has not been obtained (excluding content covered by fair dealing).
The source of funding for a research project should be listed on all funded research papers. Other sources of support (including funding for Open Access article processing charges) should also be clearly identified in the manuscript, typically in an acknowledgement.
Authors should declare any potential conflicts of interest relating to a specific article.
Authors should inform the editor or publisher if there is a significant error in their published piece, and work with the editor to publish an erratum, addendum or retraction where necessary.
Authors have the right to appeal editorial decisions.
Publication Ethics for Journal Article Reviewers
Reviewers should assist in improving the quality of a submitted article by reviewing the manuscript with care, consideration and objectivity, in a timely manner.
Reviewers should inform the journal editor of any published or submitted content that is similar to the material under review, or any suspected plagiarism.
Reviewers should declare any potential conflicts of interest relating to a specific article or author.
Reviewers should respect the confidentiality of any information or material supplied during the review process.
Abstract and Indexing
- GOOGLE SCHOLAR
- INDEX COPERNICUS
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
- Academia Analytics
- Cite Factor
- Mendeley Group
- IOS (Indonesia One Search)
- PKP Index
- DRJI (Directory of Research Journals Indexing)
- SJI Factor (Scientific Journal Impact Factor)
ELS Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities welcomes article submissions and does not charge Article Processing Charges and Article Publication Fee. For Libraries/Individual, accessing published articles needs no fee and no subscription. For Printed editions subscription, please contact us.